Beeline Velo 2 & Moto
Never get lost again!
What Is It?
Is That It?
- Bright screen, visible at night and in full sunlight.
- When choosing a route, you can pick between fastest and quietest (ie, safest) or a balance of those two. For instance, I often ride to Mississauga. Fastest takes me along Lakeshore Blvd. Quietest takes me along the lake’s bike path.
- Audible cues for upcoming turns, so you only have to look at the device when necessary.
- Integrates with Strava, though that’s not necessary for operation.
- Free Ride option. Don’t need directions but still want your Beeline to display and record your stats? Just hit RECORD on the app and then start riding.
- The Moto has physical buttons, as opposed to capacitive touch buttons on the Velo 2. These make the Moto easier to use if you’re wearing motorcycling gloves.
- The mounts available for Moto are better suited to motorcycle bars and offer more vibration damping than the Velo 2 mount.
- The Moto is fully waterproof and dust proof (IP67 rated), whilst the Velo 2 is water resistant (IP66).
- The Velo 2 has an 11+ hour battery. The Moto battery lasts between 10 and 30 hours, depending on the mode chosen.
- The Velo 2 charges via USB-C and includes a USB-A to USB-C charge cable (you can of course use your own). The Moto charges via an included pogo pin interface (a dock) that plugs into a USB-A charger or laptop.
- The Moto offers navigation routes specifically for motorcycles, including indicators on the device for roundabouts, forks in the road, and motorway lanes.
- The Moto has a faster processor, which provides smoother graphics performance and allows it to support current and future features developed specifically for using on motorcycles and scooters.
- The Moto is available in either plastic or metal editions. The Velo 2 is plastic only.
If you’re a cyclist and prefer the metal casing or other Moto-features, you can use the Moto and disable the motorcycle-specific software options in the settings.
If you ride a motorcycle and a bicycle, you should purchase a Moto and an extra mount for your bike. You can then easily move the device between your two vehicles.