by CW&T, is a super low profile utility knife for precision cutting and every day carry.
This stylish, minimal tool is ideal for every day cutting + carry. Use it for everything from opening packages to precision studio work.
Designed for single handed quick access and operation and available in left- or right-handed versions.
A magnetic mechanism keeps the blade locked in position with no moving parts.
A neodymium magnet + precision machined latch keeps the blade in position while retracted. To draw the blade, use your thumb to press the surface of the blade. This will detach the blade from a magnet and let you bypass the latch. You’ll hear + feel a satisfying click. Then slide the blade into position and release your thumb. You can easily do this with one hand.
Herring Blade is thin, lightweight and free of bulky mechanisms. Carry it everywhere you go or use it as a bookmark in your favorite sketchbook. The locking mechanism ensures the blade stays retracted in your pocket until you press the blade down to draw it out with your thumb. Herring Blade is the same thickness as 4 credit cards.
While the custom notched blade gives some added functionality, Herring Blade is also compatible with standard 18mm snap blades. See the video below for more information on this.
- Available in Titanium with a matte glass bead finish and 7075 Aluminum with a Black Type-III Hardcoat
- Comes with a 10-pack of custom black notched snap-blades
- Compatible with standard 18mm snap-blades
- Custom auto locking mechanism (no moving parts)
- Single handed operation
- Comes in left and right handed versions
- Easy to swap in new blades
- Sticks on ferrous surfaces (steel doors etc), refrigerators, etc.
Watch designer CW&T’s official video to learn all the features of the Herring Blade:
- 7075 Aluminum or Grade 5 Titanium + neodymium magnet
- Finish: Black Type III Hardcoat Anodize (Al), Matte glass bead blast (Ti)
- 118 mm x 21 mm x 4.3 mm // 4.5” x 0.8” x 0.16”
- Al: 20g w/ blade, 14g w/out blade. Ti: 28g w/ blade, 22g 2/out blade.
Both models are available in left- or right-handed versions. Left-handed models are special order. Right-handed models are in stock.
Price includes 10 extra specially-notched blades. More blades can be purchased directly from CW&T for US$10 for a pack of ten or from me when you buy your Herring Blade for C$15 or anytime later for C$20 — or, use standard 18mm blades with slightly less functionality (see the video above for full details).
Text 416 556 6278 to schedule a pickup.
More photos are below.